Chicken Pot Pie AKA Pot Pi

So on March 14 AKA Pi Day I promised you the recipe for my divine Chicken Pot Pi!

It is soo easy and soo good!

Here is one of those easy suppers that will have everyone thinking you slaved all afternoon:)

Chicken Pot Pi

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/ 2 cups chicken broth 
(I use chicken bouillon and water so don't let it scare you off! It used to scare me)

3 cups chopped cooked chicken
(any leftovers work great! Even turkey!)
1 10- oz package frozen mixed veggies or any combo you like
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 cup butter- softened
1 cup flour
3/4 milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook soup (undiluted) over medium heat. Whisk in broth until smooth. Add chicken, frozen veggies, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.


 Pour into a 7 X 11 baking dish and set aside


 In a bowl, cut butter into flour with fork until crumbly


 Add milk- 
not too much will make the biscuit not cook and too little makes them crunchy
you just have to find your preference


 This is my result (I used the full 3/4 cup)
Keep it lumpy- don't OVERMIX

Gently spoon batter over top of chicken mixture
don't try to get it even it won't work and just cause you stress:)


Back uncovered for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown:)



Then sit back and take all the praise you are given for another great meal for family dinner!

 Make sure you check back for an upcoming BIG surprise I have been working on!!


2 comments:

  1. It looks so delicious!! I'm gonna try to make it tonight. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and pretty simple to make! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up!
    Oh, and I found you on Night Owl Crafting!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! :)