Talk of the Week

Faith—the Choice is Yours
 
By: Richard C. Edgley

I saw the title for this talk and for some reason just felt like I should read it and I am soo glad I did! It is a wonderful talk and was written so beautifully.
The main message of course it that faith is a CHOICE!! These were some of my favorite quotes:

This is our opportunity to choose.

I love this- it is our OPPORTUNITY to choose.

Be aware that faith is not a free gift given without thought, desire, or effort. It does not come as the dew falls from heaven.The Savior said, “Come unto me” (Matthew 11:28) and “Knock, and it shall be [given] you” (Matthew 7:7). These are action verbs—come, knock. They are choices. So I say, choose faith. Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism.

  I love the power faith can provide. That last sentence is just so absolute! If we choose faith we can overcome all of our weaknesses. One of mine is pessimism. I sometimes start thinking of everything that is wrong and just continue to let that be my judge for the future and go on and on about how terrible everything is going to be because of my bad morning (okay, this really only happens for an hour or so .. but you see my point?) By letting myself get into those ruts I am choosing doubt over faith. I am choosing fear over faith. I am choosing pessimism over faith. Sounds a lot worse doesn't it.

Yes, faith is a choice, and it must be sought after and developed. Thus, we are responsible for our own faith. We are also responsible for our lack of faith. The choice is yours.


This is the best- I love the hope and power that is placed in our hands! It is OUR choice! We can make it everyday, every minute, every second. We DECIDE and it is a process. Faith doesn't happen all at once- it is after the trial of our faith that we see the light, see the miracle that has brought us to this point.

This week, (hopefully) or sometime next week we will hear back from the University of Wyoming about whether or not my husband has been accepted into the Master's program. We really, really want to be accepted (this is our second year applying) and it just feels like the path we are supposed to go. However, there is always the "what if you don't get in?" I think I needed this article to inspire me to have faith in my Heavenly Father that he DOES have a plan for each of us and that if we truly desire to know -and work to find it- we will. After all, faith without works is dead. I hope that this has maybe helped you guys as much has it has helped me. And, if you get a moment, please send a little prayer our way?

I would LOVE to hear any stories or thoughts this brought to your memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :)