Talk of the Week

This weeks talk is by Elder Boyd K. Packer entitled Cleansing the Inner Vessel

A few quotes stuck out at me.

1. "The Lord is voting for me, and Lucifer is voting against me, but it is my vote that counts."

This really hit me! Since the new year I have found it very hard to maintain a happy, upbeat attitude. It seems all the negative, overwhelming things in life are just monumental and too much to handle. When I read this quote I realized that I did know where those emotions and thoughts were coming from and was the one who need to change it. Realizing were all that negativity was coming from was the first step and it was a big one!! I'm not saying that I am instantly happy or that there aren't any challenges because there are always plenty, but I can handle them with more faith and trust in the Lord when I look for the positive and strive to make my vote count.

2. As President Packer went on to speak of repentance, he mentioned that sometimes the hardest part is forgiving ourselves. This is a story he told:

"President Joseph Fielding Smith told me of a repentant woman struggling to find her way out of a very immoral life. She asked him what she should do know. 
In turn, he asked her to read to him from the Old Testament the account of Lot's wife, who was turned into a pillar of salt. The he asked her, "What lesson do you gain from those verses?" 
She answered, "The Lord will destroy the wicked."
"Not so!" President Smith said that the lesson for this repentant woman and for you is "Don't look back!"

I personally have always been like the women who thought that story was about being disobedient. But this new meaning really opened my eyes... "Don't look back" could apply to any sins, any disappointments, any lack of faith, any lose of hope... we should look forward with faith not look back with doubt. What an uplifiting message that was for me this week. It was just the message I needed. I need to let go of my past insecurities and doubts, let go of the negative memories. 
I encourage all of us to start this new year by "Not Looking Back" . Look forward to the good you can do now, the faith you can grow each new day, and the hope of a bright future! 

Have a great week! 


What did you like??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :)