Talk of the Week

This weeks talk is by Elder Richard G. Scott, entitled, The Transforming Power of Faith and Character Click Here to read it

This was a great talk full of lots of things!! Too many to mention here
So I guess you really need to read if for yourself: )

Here are a few of my favorite quotes and thoughts:

"We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."

Now that is profound to me- If we truly try to live ourlives the way we want our lives to be we will get our desire! We become that person if we strive for it each day.

"Righteous chraacter is more valuable than any material object you own, any knowledge you have gained through study, or any goals you have attained no matter how well lauded by mankind. In the next life you righteous character will be evaluated to asess how well you used the privilage of mortality."

Our righteous character is the most important thing we can obtain and it is soley up to us!

"This mortal life is a proving ground. How well you meet its challenges determines how strong you character will be."

I know that there are many times when I miss the mark when it comes to 'enduring well' especially during some trials but the ones that I have been able to see the 'bigger picture' and have an eternal prespective really have made me a better person. New goal for the new year I think!

I am going to finish with the four principles that Elder Scott shares for peace and happiness.

- Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His program to acquire the power to achieve
-Repentence to rectify the concequences of mistakes of omission or comission.
-Obedience to the commandments of the Lord to rovide strength and direction in our lives
-Sefless service to enrich the lives of others

I am encouraged that I can do better when Elder Scott said, "Life may be difficult now, but hold on tightly to that iron rod of truth. You are making better progress than you realize. Your struggles are defining character, descipline and confidence in teh promises of your Father in Heaven and the Savior as you consistently obey Their commandments."

I am going to start strengthing my faith and working to 'endure well' and strengthen my character in my daily life by living the way I want to be and then someday I can look bake see that I have become it.

What struck you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :)