Talk of the Week

This weeks talk is by Pres. Thomas S. Monson entiltled
 "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" click here to read it!


I really enjoyed the talk! I loved the stories he told but some quotes really hit me!!  

1. "My beloved friend President Gordon B. Hinckley said, “When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.” 

I loved this!!! Isn't that the truth? When we walk with real gratitude we don't have the air of someone who 'deserves' everything they have or has the 'right' to have it all thier way. A person with an attitude of gratitude really understands that everything in life is a gift and they appreciate that.

2." We often take for granted the very people who most deserve our gratitude. Let us not wait until it is too late for us to express that gratitude.  "

Those that love us the most, that really deserve our gratitute are easily overlooked becuase we talk them for granted so often!! I am determined now to be better at recognizing those people and letting them know how grateful I am for them like this next quote:

3. "A grateful heart, then, comes through expressing gratitude to our Heavenly Father for His blessings and to those around us for all that they bring into our lives. This requires conscious effort—at least until we have truly learned and cultivated an attitude of gratitude. Often we feel grateful and intend to express our thanks but forget to do so or just don’t get around to it. Someone has said that “feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it"

What a great reminder as we come upon Thanksgiving and the Christmas season, I hope that this attitude can remain with me through out the new year and continue on! I want to finish this weeks thoughts with this last quote

4. "My brothers and sisters, to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."

I hope to touch heaven each day!!

What touched you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! :)